4. Publish content across a range of formats. We are all different, some of us prefer high level bullet points whilst others want more detail. Some grasp content from a visual interpretation such as an infographic, whilst others prefer to watch a video or listen to a podcast.
5. Ensure your website and content is mobile friendly on both smartphones and tablets.
6. Encourage prospects to read more of your content – include relevant links to deeper level content such as case studies, reports or whitepapers. Nurture their engagement and build the relationship you have with them.
7. Ask for their contact details to build a prospect database before allowing them to download more valuable content such as a whitepaper or research report. This is an exchange of information and if your ‘discovery’ level content is compelling enough, they’ll be happy to tell you who they are.
8. Build your own community on social media. This a little bit chicken and egg – but if you produce and publish engaging and compelling content your community will share with their own networks and quickly you’ll find you are reaching an ever expanding audience.
9. Compile your content into a weekly or monthly newsletter or bulletin to send to your contact database. Email works well for regular bulletins, so ensure every piece of content includes a link to a ‘sign-up’ page on your website. If your content is helpful, people will sign up for more.
10. Ask people to share your content. Sometimes it just takes a bit of prompting.
Read more about our b2b content marketing here.