Top 5 Marketing Predictions for 2015
To get you off to a good start this year and give you an edge on the competition, Tiga Creative Marketing agency in Kent have compiled a list of the hottest marketing trends and predictions for 2015.
- Digital and physical will become entirely integrated. Consumers are channel agnostic – they engage across multiple channels and expect a consistent and uninterrupted relationship with the brand across all. Marketing channels can no longer work in isolation of each other – offline, online and the physical need to be fully integrated – so however and whenever a customer chooses to engage with a brand they feel their experience is relevant and personal to them. We predict that digital marketing channel siloes will completely disappear in 2015 – along with any businesses that fail to make the change.
- 2015 will see consumers demanding more ownership of their personal data and only trading it when there’s something in it for them. ‘Big Data’ was big news in 2014, promising companies even greater insight into their customers. With all the hype surrounding it, it’s only natural that consumers would wise-up and take the control back.
74% of internet traffic will be video and with retailers citing a 40% increase in purchases as a result of online video”
- SEO is going to become more difficult. With so much competition for space online it’s increasingly difficult to stand out from the crowd. But this doesn’t mean companies should give up – precisely the opposite in fact. Marketing departments need to invest more time and resource into longer term SEO strategies rather than settling for a quick fix. ROI analysis of SEO shows that it can yield stronger results than any other marketing activity.
- Consumers will expect more from brands. The proliferation of social media means that the vast majority of consumers have at least two accounts from where they can air and share their negative (and positive) brand experiences with millions of people around the globe. Brands need to get their house in order or face a revolution – “Power to the People!” Read the blog How much power do consumers have over your brand?
- Video will become even more popular. Social Media Today states that ‘Retention for visual information can reach 65% vs 10% for text based information’ so it’s no wonder then that video is taking the internet by storm. The latest predictions indicate that by 2017, 74% of internet traffic will be video₁ and with retailers citing a 40% increase in purchases as a result of online video₂, we’re inclined to agree.
1 Cisco Visual Networking Index: Forecast and Methodology 2012-2017
2. Multichannel Merchant. Give the consumers what they want: video
This post was written by:
Stuart is the Managing Director of Tiga Creative Marketing. He founded the agency over 30 years ago.
Read team biographies